FlightView EFIS Ready-To-Fly Dual-Screen Kit: Two 10.9" Displays, Flight Data Computer, Air Data Computer, and Engine Monitor
The FlightView Ready-To-Fly Dual Screen kit contains the full hardware set for the FlightView EFIS plus two pre-loaded 10.9" iPads. This kit includes:
- 2x 10.9" Retina Display - 2022 Apple iPad
- FlightView FDC - Flight Data Computer
- FlightView ADC - Air Data Computer
- FlightView EMS - Engine Monitor
- 2x FlightDock iPad Mount with Active Cooling
- 2x FlightBar Tactile Controller
- 2x iPad USB-C charger
- 1x iPad Ethernet data adapter
- Cables, USB Hub, OAT probe
FlightView is the simple yet powerful new EFIS from OpenFlight Solutions, makers of FlightBox ADS-B. FlightView provides a full suite of flight and engine instruments, navigation tools, and advanced situational awareness functions. Built from a combination of off-the-shelf hardware and custom software, FlightView makes VFR flight safer, easier, and more affordable than ever.
See the FlightView page for complete details.
What's In The Kit?
The kit includes all three of the major hardware components needed for a FlightView system:
Two 2022 Apple iPads (10th generation), both pre-loaded with the latest version of the FlightView application.
The Flight Data Computer (FlightBox Pro EXP). The core of the system, the flight data computer provides attitude (AHRS), location (GPS), backup altitude, and ADS-B In (weather and traffic). It also serves as the hub, relaying data from other components to the FlightView display.
The Air Data Computer (ADC). The air data computer connects to your pitot/static system and provides airspeed, altitude, vertical speed, outside air temperature, true airspeed, and density altitude.
The Engine Monitoring System (EMS). The engine monitor connects to standard aircraft engine probes (not included).
FlightDock iPad mount with active, thermally controlled cooling.
FlightBar tactile controller. FlightBar adds a set of knobs and buttons to the iPad's native touch interface for easier operation in bumpy conditions.
iPad charger and data interface.
NOTE: at this time the EMS is limited to traditional aircraft engines (Lycoming / Continental), air-cooled auto conversions, and Rotax engines without an integrated ECU. We plan to add support for additional engine types (Rotax iS series, ULPower, water-cooled auto conversions, etc.) in the near future.
All three components will be shipped with power and data cables. The kit will also include a lightweight USB hub, a USB GPS receiver, and an OAT probe.
What's not in The Kit?
- You will need an experimental (E-AB, or E-LSA) aircraft. This system is not approved for use in certificated aircraft.
- We recommend that you have some level of backup instrumentation - an analog altimeter and airspeed indicator or some sort of mini-EFIS.
- You will need engine probes to go with the EMS. Please see our documentation or the EMS Probes and Senders section of the Pricing page here for a list of compatible devices.
Estimated Delivery Time
FlightView Ready-To-Fly kits typically ship within two weeks of order. Contact us for the current lead time.
How To Buy
We Also Recommend
FlightView EFIS Core Hardware Kit: Flight Data Computer, Air Data Computer, and Engine Monitor
FlightView EFIS Ready-To-Fly Single Screen Kit: 10.9" Display, Flight Data Computer, Air Data Computer, and Engine Monitor